The Position We Offer
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist. As a technology company specialized in artificial intelligence, we expect our data scientists to have practical knowledge of the modern data science stack (i.e. Python, Tensorflow or similar, Docker, Apache Spark, Apache Hadoop MR, cloud solutions such as AWS or Google Cloud, etc.). The candidate should be highly independent, self-driven and solution oriented. However, being able to work as part of a team internally, as well as independently at a customer site, is a must.
As a Data Scientist at 2021.AI, you will play a central role in producing actionable insights for our clients, acting as an important partner for different business and operational functions within their organizations.
Your Role Will Encompass
- Product owner lead role for various product development related to the ecosystem of our Grace AI platform
- Producing insights and actions embedding those in the design of customer’s interactions and other elements of our client’s business
- Independently developing ML or statistical models solving particular business cases and preparing the models for production
- Enhance the quality & impact of the models produced by the team locally in Denmark, Poland, India, and Ukraine, focusing on bringing the business objectives to the center of the development process
- Continuously developing your own competences as part of a team, building a world-class Data Science organization within 2021.AI (2021.AI is a partner with MIT CSAIL, Alexandra Institute and a range of other top academia)
How We Think You Can Be Described
- The ideal candidate holds an MSc or Ph.D. in Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Decision Science, Economics or related fields
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience in the field
- Solid experience in scripting/programming languages (Python, R, Scala, Java etc.)
- Good theoretical and practical knowledge of the modern data science technology stack (Spark, Hadoop, Docker, AWS etc.)
- Good data manipulation skills required including cleaning and managing data
- Hands-on experience with machine learning concepts: regression and classification, clustering, feature selection, feature engineering, the curse of dimensionality, bias-variance tradeoff, neural networks, SVMs, etc.
- Experience with data visualization tools and packages (Python Seaborn, JS D3 etc.)
- Hands-on experience with statistics/machine learning packages such as Spark ML, Python (Scikit-learn, Pandas), R, etc.
- A strong sense of connecting technical work to business impacts
- The ability to identify potential use cases to create business value for our customers is highly valued
- Intellectual curiosity and desire to learn new things, techniques and technologies
- Good English communication skills
What We Offer
- Work with cutting-edge technologies (clouds, containers Kubernetes, clusters, etc.)
- Play an important role in the development of the great AI product gaining knowledge of how it operates
- Working benefits such as snacks and drinks in the office, Friday bars, participation in social events in and out of the office
- Paid vacations and sick leaves
- Educational courses and conferences for you to improve professionally
- Great team and calm working environment
Where Are You in Our Team?
You will be based in Copenhagen, Denmark. Some traveling in EMEA is expected as 2021.AI supports organizations across EMEA.
Our core data science team is in Copenhagen; this is where your project lead is based. In all other matters, you will be reporting to the Head of Data Science at 2021.AI. Should you have any questions, please contact our Head of Data Science, Benjamin Biering on phone: +45 5191 3590